It's Been Awhile

There are a few reasons that I haven't posted lately. One is that there is not much going on and two is that things are just busy. I know, two seems to contradict one so I will give you the low down on what life is like in our household these days.

Trey has been very busy working. Besides his full time home health position he is teaching Anatomy and Physiology at GRCC two night a week with a lab. Because he has never taught lecture before it is taking much more time outside of the classroom preparing his lecture notes. I am sure any of you teachers understand this concept. He also has 7 of his own patients that he sees on top of two clients he is personal training. So he has little to no extra time in his week.

I am close to being done with Massage classes. I will take my certification exam on the 2nd of April. I am ready to be done. The classes are going fine and since I have a background in anatomy they are relatively easy. I just am sick of having to sit in class all day on Thursday. I am still leading a corporate aerobics class on Tuesday and Thursday nights and spend the rest of those nights personal training at the gym. I have also started doing Massages at the gym which is taking off quicker than I expected. I ran a special for Christmas for $50 for 3-30 minute massages and have gotten a great response so I am continuing the special. It is funny that I expected people to buy them for gifts and instead people are buying all three for themselves. I guess we live in a work of stress out people:) This is one reason that I am ready to be done with school. It will free up my time to do massage and personal training and still be able to spend time with Cecelia.

Now on to Cecelia. She is just a ball of energy and I love it. Now that she has mastered walking she is working on running and she has gotten very fast at it. She thinks it is funny that she can climb into chairs and onto the couch and think she is such a big girl when she does it. Climbing stairs is nothing for her now and she is practicing walking down the stairs sidestepping holding onto the railing. I love that I can communicate with her now. I can ask her to go get something or do something and she does it. She can even point our objects in books which just amazes me. Every phase just seems to get better and more fun. I am really looking forward to this summer and spending time outside and in the pool with her.

Speaking of spending time outdoors and in the pool we will be going to Key West Florida the first week in March and are so excited. Some friends of ours have a house down there and they offered it to us to use so we jumped on it. It will be Cecelia's first plane ride and I am a little nervous about that so an of you experience parents that have flown with kids I could use all the ideas you have. We will be leaving on Sunday and returning Friday night. We really need to get away as a family and just relax. So that is what we are looking forward to.

So before this post gets too long (I am sure it already is) I will close it up. Cecelia just had her one year pictures (more like 13 month) done so when they are ready I will post a few.

Comments

Popular Posts