Update

We went in for Cecelia's 18 month checkup today. She cried and held on to me like I was leaving her or something the minute we got into the room. I really didn't think she would remember the doctor's office after 3 months. Anyways, we were able to get her height and weight, 32 inches (70%) and 24lbs 3ozs (50%). She did grow just over an inch since her last check up but did not gain much weight. I think this has to do with her last set of teeth that came in a couple of weeks ago and the fact that she didn't eat for 3 days. Her appetite is back but she is still trying to recoup the weight loss. She is doing everything she is suppose to be doing so that is good. The doctor said that it will amaze us how much her speech will improve over the next 6 months. I am already amazed and what she can say and knows. She pretty much tries to repeat most single words that we say. Not always the clearest but you can tell she is trying. She did get one shot but only cried for a second and then was fine. She made more of a bid deal going into the room then getting the shot. So we are done with doctor's visits for another 6 months (at least I hope so). I really do feel luckily that we don't have to go very often and that they go so smoothly. I know this is not the case for every parent.

Comments

Popular Posts