Preschool in the fall

Trey gets the daddy of the year award today.

We decided that we wanted to try to enroll Cecelia in the Forest Hills Spanish Immersion Preschool for next fall.  They have a three year old class and a four year old class.  For the three year old class you have to be three by the first day of school and the four year old class you have to be four by Dec. 1st.  So Cecelia is eligible for the three year class for fall 2011.  This class only has a morning program and ONLY 16 spots.  The spots are on a first come first serve basis.  Now if you are enrolled in the three year old program you are guaranteed a spot in the four year old class and get first choice of which class you want, morning or afternoon.  Registration was today and we knew that spots fill up fast so Trey decided to go wait in line to ensure Cecelia would get a spot.  I will admit I would not have done it but Trey did.  He got to the parking lot at 3:15am, yes I wrote that write.  He was the first there but another car joined him at 4:15.  By 5:15 they started to form a line, Trey being third in line.  He let two others start the line knowing there were 16 spots.  The first two in line were there for the four year old class anyways which only had 6 spots open.  By 6:30 all the spots were full in both classes and the rest of the parents were waiting knowing they wouldn't be guaranteed at spot but wanting to be put on the waiting list.  The doors were opened at 7am, the staff handed out papers to those in line, parents went inside filled out a sheet of paper, gave their deposit check and were told they would receive paperwork in April.

So now Cecelia is registered to start Spanish immersion preschool in the fall.  The school is everyday, Monday through Friday from 8:15 to 10:45.  I know Cecelia will do well and is ready for this.  I am not sure that I am ready to 1.send my baby off to school everyday and 2.get up and ready every morning to bring her to school.  I have really enjoyed the last few years of lazy mornings and only having something to do when I have planned it. I know I still have 9 months before schools starts but I am already dreading the new schedule.  The things we do for our kids:)

Trey's facebook post from this morning:
If it's not looked down upon or thought ridiculous to stand in line at 2 in the morning for.a good deal on Black Friday, is it the same thing if I get up at 2:30am and wait in line at Forest Hills Child Services to sign my 3 year old daughter up for limited enrollment Spanish Immersion Preschool? Apparently not, 1 other parent showed up at 4:15am.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah!! Go Trey! The Daddy of the Year award goes to you!
We are looking forward to next Sat. :) I can't believe how big is Eloise is getting.
Mary Jo Tsimboukis

Popular Posts