Puzzle Guru

Cecelia's nack for puzzles started last year.  Would found that the typical 1-2 year old puzzles were just not difficult enough for her.  I started getting her puzzles for 3-7 and she was mastering those.  One thing that truly amazed us was this alphabet puzzle she has.
  
Each piece of the puzzle is a letter.  She mastered this puzzle in a day.  I had also bought a very similar one with numbers and pictures.  While she was doing the number puzzle I heard her saying letters.  I tried to correct her that these were numbers but she would pick up a number piece, say a letter and put it in the puzzle.  It was then that I discovered that the pieces in each puzzle were cut exactly the same.  She had memorized what each letter piece looked like and could correlate that to the numbers puzzle.  I was blown away.  Doing a puzzle made for 3-7 year old at 2 was one thing but memorizing pieces is another.  So we had continued to challenge her with puzzles.  For Christmas she received some floor puzzles and once again is a wiz at them.  This past week though her Grandpa and Grandma K got her some Winnie the Pooh 50 piece puzzles.  I worked with her on them once and now she can do them all by herself.  The amazing part is that she has even mixed up the puzzle pieces and can tell you by looking at the pieces which puzzle it goes to.  When I realized these were 50 piece puzzles I decided to get a bigger challenge.  I bought this puzzle.
Wonderful World of Disney Puzzle 150-Piece - Circle of Friends -  Cardinal Industries - Toys"R"Us
A 150 piece lenticular circle puzzle of Disney characters.  Cecelia saw it on Sunday night and wanted it right away.  I told her we would work on it in the morning.  Next morning, in she walks in my room with the puzzle asking if she can play with it.  So after getting her to eat breakfast we opened the puzzle and away she went.  Never did I imagine that for the next three hours she would work on that puzzle with only a few breaks here and there.  I started out helping her with a few pieces but soon realized she needed no help.  The few times when I did go in to see it she asked me to leave so she could show me it when it was done.  So not only was this puzzle 150 pieces it was circular so some pieces were weird shape but it is also lenticular which gives the puzzle a 3D look.  So the pieces to me looked blurry.
You can see the blur of the puzzle pieces in this picture.


Comments

Popular Posts