Michigan's Adventure

Cecelia and I spent the day with friends out at Michigan's Adventure.  We arrived into the park at 11:15am.  We spent the first couple of hours going on some rides starting with the kiddie ones.  Cecelia did not like the ones that were loud, where the kids could push a button and make a very annoying sound.  I felt bad for the workers of these rides.  I can't imagine having to listen to that sound all day.  After riding some of the kiddie rides we went with some friends over to Zach's Zoomer.
 Ride Photo 
This is a junior roller coaster and Cecelia just met the height requirement to ride with an adult.  We got on all excited but once that first drop came all the excitement left Cecelia and fear set in.  I did my best at trying to make the ride fun and not seem scary but to tell the truth I am not a fan of roller coasters and my stomach was dropping with each hill also.  After this ride it was time to hit the water park.  We spent about 2 hours in the water most of which Cecelia just spent playing in the water pools.  She ventured down two small water slides but did not enjoy either of them so we just played in the wave pool and the kiddie pool.  After a refreshing afternoon in the water it was time to head back to the park on our way out.  Cecelia and I went on a few more kiddie rides and eventually ended up on the ferris wheel.  On our way in to the park I had given Cecelia the park map and told her to pick out which rides she wanted to go on. Right away she said the Ferris Wheel.  I do not believe she has ever been on a ferris wheel and I was sure the ride would scare her so I  spent the better part of the day distracting her from the ride every time she mentioned it.  By the end of the day she was still asking when we could go on it so we walked that way sure that as soon as she saw it she would get scared.  Nope, she walked right on and away we went.  She was very calm on the ride and looked out over the edge to see the park.  We hit a few more rides, rode the train and then finished the day off with the tilt-a-whirl.  Not a good ending.  Cecelia said the ride went to fast and I was very sick to my stomach when we got off.  Just can not do the spinning rides like I could when I was a kid.  It was 6:30 so we headed to the car and off to get some dinner before going home.  When I asked Cecelia her favorite ride of the day she said the Ferris Wheel.








Ferris Wheel

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL.. I know the kids behind Cecelia in the 2nd and 3rd pics :) It sounds like you girls did a lot there, we have been thinking about taking the boys but not sure they are ready for it? The waterpark looks like fun for younger ones though. . and cute pics as always!
Mary Jo

Popular Posts