First Days of School

Girls playing in Cecelia's classroom on visitation day before school started.
Cecelia's first day of School.  
She was very ready to go.  The parents were invited to come to the first 30 minutes of class and do some activities with the kids to get them acquainted with the classroom.  At one point Cecelia was playing with some new classmates and she asked me if I could leave so she could just play.  I would take that as a sign she was ready for school to begin.  In the end when it was time for the parents to leave she did get up and ask for another hug and kiss and I could see in her face that she didn't want me to leave but she was eager to start her class.  She is in the Y5 Spanish immersion at Northpointe Christian.  She attends school all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week.  She even gets to ride the bus home which I think she likes best.  The other day I surprised her and picked her up from school.  She was very excited to see me but when we got int he car she stated that she didn't get to ride the bus home.  I told her I thought I would surprise her and pick her up and that she would like that.  She said it was okay today but she would rather take the bus next time!  She is also doing very well with the Spanish   We ask her every so often how class is going and she has never once complained that the teachers speaks in Spanish all the time and that she can not understand her.  She has even been coming home and teaching up what she is learning.  I was talking to the teacher the other day about the songs she was teaching us and the teacher stated that is follows along exactly as the teacher is doing during class.  She said that Cecelia also helps out the other students.  This surprised me since Cecelia is technically not old enough to be in the class (cut off for Y5's is 5 by Dec. 1st) and is therefore the youngest student in the classroom.


Eloise first day going to Ken-O-Sha
Eloise is also going to school this fall.  She is in the childcare program at Ken-O-Sha Campus on Thomas street.  She goes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings.  A bus comes to our house at 8:30a to pick her up and drops her back off around noon each day.  The first day (she missed the very first day due to a fever episode but was there the second day of school) she was so excited to get on the bus but when it came time for me to leave her she started crying.  I did leave her but meet the bus at school to walk her into her classroom.  Once she got off the bus she didn't even care I was there.  She grabbed another teachers hand and headed into the school.  I stayed for a bit to finish some paperwork and watch her in class.  She was a bit clingy when I went to leave but a teacher took her and she sat in her lap and never cried again.  We did have a week in which she did not want to go on the bus and she threw a fit.  After a week of this I decided to try some bribery with candy once she got on the bus.  The first day she cried but then when I opened the candy she stopped.  The next day she didn't even cry.  Today she was watching out the window for the bus and walked right on.  Amazing what a little candy will do!

Playing with new friends on the first day of school




First day of school


Comments

Popular Posts