Another GIRL!!

Trey and I are very excited to announce that we will be welcoming a 4 child to our family early this August.  We had our 20 week ultrasound with Dr. Balaskas this afternoon and our little girl is growing perfectly.  We will continue to see Dr. B throughout the pregnancy to monitor her growth, keep an eye on two cysts I have on my right ovary again and also to monitor my overall health and make sure I don't end up with HELLP syndrome again as I did with Jediah. (Click here to read about HELLP with Jediah) Because they have not explanation as to why I developed HELLP, they want to monitor me very carefully.  We are planning a scheduled c-section the beginning of August around 39 weeks unless the baby or I start showing any signs of problems or any "soft" issues as my ob likes to say.  So let's say my blood pressure elevates or there is an signs of protein and we are past 36 weeks.  They will most likely do the c-section earlier just to make sure there are no complications.  My HELPP syndrome came on so fast last time that they don't want to take any chances.

Things have been going good since I past the 12-14 week mark.  I had some major pain from the cysts on my ovary during week 10 which sent me to the doctors office for the 10 week ultrasound below and also an ultrasound on my kidneys the following Friday.  I was in so much pain I just couldn't even function and was taking some strong pain meds.  Very fortunately the pain subsided a week after it started and has not come back yet.  We don't know exactly why this week was so painfully but I am very happy it is gone.  The first trimester was by far the hardest of all my pregnancies with morning sickness and tiredness and took the longest to overcome.  I am not sure if it is because I am getting older, have three children in the house a combination of the two or it was just a rougher first trimester but I am glad to be over that hump and back to feeling good for the most part.

Here are some pictures of our baby girl.

10 Weeks
 14 Weeks
 20 Weeks

Comments

Popular Posts