Weekend Away

This past weekend was the first time that I had spent a night away from Cecelia. Trey was in a wedding in Utica so we had to drive down on Friday for rehearsal. I had been excited but dreading this weekend for months now. We dropped Cecelia off at my parents house on Friday and off we went. I was a little concerned when we left because Cecelia had seemed to be coming down with a bit of a cold but she had been through them before so I wasn't that worried. I had made sure to pack the meds, thermometer and the medical authorization note just in case. So when I called Friday night to check on her it wasn't exactly the report I had been expecting. My mom told me that her nose was running green and there had been pus coming from her right eye. She checked her temp and it wasn't running high so we were okay there but her cough was pretty deep. I wasn't really thrilled about the report and for a split second thought about going home. I knew where she had caught the bug and I wasn't happy about it. We had gone to our library group on Tuesday and I noticed two of the kids there had thick runny noses and a deep cough. I was a little frustrated at the time that the parents were bringing their kids when they were obviously sick but we were already there. I am not one to try to overprotect Cecelia from illness. I believe they need to be exposed to help them fight of illnesses in the future but that doesn't mean I want to put her in situations that I know are going to make her sick. So anyways back to the story. I called again Saturday morning to find there had been little change and that she didn't sleep all that great but she did sleep. I was feeling a little better that she still didn't have a fever but I knew it had to be on the way. Her signs were pointing to an infection of some sort. I called Saturday night and my dad was putting her to bed and she seemed to be doing well. So on Sunday morning I called to let my parents know we were on the way to find out the night didn't go so well. She woke up at 9:30 crying and cried for 1 1/2 hours with no way to be comforted. This is very abnormal for her. She also had a fever of 100.6 to which they gave her Tylenol. She stayed with my mom in bed for the night but didn't sleep sound for more than one 4 hour stretch the entire night. So here I am 3 hours away not able to do anything. I will say that it was the longest ride home. On top of it, Trey and I were driving separately because we had picked up his company car while we were down by this corporate office. So when we finally got to my parents house, Cecelia was feeling better and acted like she didn't even know us. I told Trey that I think she was mad at me for leaving her when she felt so crappy. Anyways, Cecelia and I are staying home today to make up for the weekend. Of course, Trey, myself and my mom are all sick now also.

So our first weekend away was not all it was suppose to be but we all survived. We will try this again in two weekends but only for one night. Maybe it will go better this time.

Comments

Popular Posts