My Birthday

I turned 32 years young yesterday. It is hard to believe that I am in my 30's already. I really don't feel like it. I can remember back to being in my early 20's and thinking 30 was so far away but here it is. I still say that I stopped counting at 29 though:) Anyways, I had a great birthday. Trey spoiled me as he always does. He was so excited about one of my birthday presents that he had to give it to me early. On Wednesday night after the girls went to bed he gave me my present. It was a new canon rebel TI1.
I have always used a point and shoot camera because I liked how small they are and easy to use. I have hesitated on getting a better camera due to the fact that I didn't want to not use it because it wasn't easy to carry and also not use it right because I didn't know how. I have noticed such a difference though in picture quality of those that come from nice camera and my photos and with the girls being active I miss a lot of good pictures because the camera is not fast enough or the picture ends up blurry. Trey knew that I would not agree to just going out and buying a new camera since I had such reservations on them and they are expensive. So he saved up money (actually hide money from me:) and bought me the camera on his own as a present so that I couldn't say no (What a tricky husband) and now I am in love with my camera. I still don't know how to use it right but I am playing with it and will learn over time.

So my second present was given to me on my birthday. This past Tuesday Trey had taken the girls for the night. He told me he needed them. So when Cecelia got home Tuesday night she kept telling me she had seen Lisa (my future sister-in-law who is a photographer). I just kind of ignored it but had in my head that Trey must have had Lisa take pictures of the girls. Then Trey gave me the camera on Wednesday night and told me he had meet with Lisa to pick her brain about cameras and which one was best and that he wanted the girls because he hadn't see them much. Looking back I should have been more suspicious but I just went with it. Still throughout the week Cecelia kept talking about seeing Lisa and putting her feet in the water and rolling down the hill. I kept thinking she was talking about our Kubizna family pictures Lisa did for us out at Holland State park a few weeks ago. So on Saturday afternoon Trey took Cecelia again and came back with my last present, two picture frames with new pictures of the girls in them. Yes, he did meet with Lisa on Tuesday night over at the Ford Museum to get pictures of the girls. He gave Lisa the two picture frames and asked her to pick out the best pictures of the shoot and put them in the frames and then picked them up on Saturday. The pictures are awesome. Here is a picture of the frames taken with my new camera:)



That night my parents took the girls overnight and Trey and I went out by ourselves. We started at Leo's for dinner, walked around downtown, hit the skydeck at the Bob for a drink and finished the night at The Chop House for dessert. At the Chop House we saw (or we think we saw) Kurt Russell. I noticed a guy walk in with another couple and he was wearing a long sleeve flannel shirt which was odd to me for two reasons, one it is summer and two we were at the Chop House, a pretty upscale restaurant. Trey said to me that it was Kurt Russell then another couple at the bar also said something. His party was seated at a table in the dining room and we didn't see him again before we left. I guess we will never know for sure it was him. It was a great night out with just the two of us.

Today we finished off the birthday celebration at my parents house for a birthday dinner for me and my brother. His birthday is July 28th so we have always had a family celebration together.

Comments

Popular Posts