10 Months

So you can probably guess that I am writing this post ahead of time since Trey and I left yesterday for Guatemala

Eloise turns 10 months old today and she is doing remarkably well. It is amazing how much difference a month can make. She had an evaluation on Tuesday with her social worker and she was amazed at her progress. About two weeks ago she decided to start experimenting with eating and has been doing great ever since. The feeding clinic called the other day and I told them I did not feel we needed the therapy at this time since she is doing much better. I am able to feed her 2-3 times a day and she is opening her mouth when she sees the spoon. Elie is talking constantly.  Dadada is her favorite sound.  She has said mama and baba but dada is the most heard.  She does not associate this with either of us or an object but just enjoys talking.  She has also learned how to transition from sitting to her stomach. Just last Sunday she decided to start moving and was slowly going from sitting to her stomach to pulling herself/scooching to a toy in front of her. We were completely amazed at this change in her motor development. When I showed her progress to the social worker she couldn't believe how much she had learned since last month. I told her that Eloise didn't know how to get back into sitting from her stomach so we worked on that. By the end of the session Eloise was doing it on her own! She will even go into the crawling position and rock a bit. I have a feeling she will be crawling in no time. (Most likely she will learn while we are gone this week) I also think she is getting a tooth in. She has started to chew on things, has a runny nose, swollen gums, is clingy and has been waking up crying/screaming. (Most likely this will also come in while we are gone) It is amazing how much a baby can learn in a week. I feel like our baby is no longer a baby. We had her at the baby stage for so much longer that we did Cecelia that I am going to miss it so much more but I love watching her learn new things and progress. I feel like I want to see her do something new and then stop her from doing it again just so I can keep her our baby:) But our baby is growing up and to prove it she is up to 15lbs 9oz and 26 3/4 inches long.









Comments

Popular Posts