Bye Bye Nook

So I decided the other night to take Cecelia's nook/pacifier out of her bed after she feel asleep for the night. I thought that I would try to ween her from it by her not having it when she wakes up and then going for not giving it to her for bedtime. She only gets her nook in bed so at least it wouldn't be a constant battle all day. When she woke up the next morning she mentioned the nook a few times and looked around her crib for it but that was it. So I thought I would try to put her down for a nap without it and she what happened. She has been into taking books to bed with her so I used that as a distraction. She asked for the nook a few times but I just ignored it and to my surprised she fell asleep and never asked for it again even when she woke up. I thought it was too good to be true and that bedtime would be the real test. So last night I did the same routine and to my surprise she didn't even ask for her nook when I put her down. It is almost like she has completely forgotten about it already. She just went down for another nap with no nook and is asleep. I am in complete shock. She actually makes me feel guilty for taking it away with her making it so easy. I was really dreaded doing this and she has made it so easy. The next step is going to be sleeping in a big girls bed. I wanted to get rid of the nook before we made the move to the bed. I plan to move her to a big bed in the fall. I want to do the move soon enough before the next baby arrives so she doesn't have any feelings of the baby taking her room. I just pray the move to the big bed goes as easily as the taking of the nook.

Comments

Popular Posts