Changes

The craziness in the healthcare world and especially home healthcare is that you can interview on a Monday and have a job offer on Thursday! Trey has decided to jump ship and move to another healthcare company. Trey has been very unhappy with his current position due to his manager. This unhappiness has not only affected him at work but also at home. Each day just seemed to bring something new and more frustrating for him. When he was offered the new position yesterday I was excited. The offer did include a reduction in pay but I told Trey that no amount of money is worth the mood he has been in. For anyone that knows Trey well, he has always been the optimist in our family and lately he has been the exact opposite. I will say that I am excited about this new position just for the potential of getting my husband back!

For me, the massage therapy class that I planning on starting this summer was cancelled due to lack of students but I am signed up to start in September. This class is going to start as they already have enough students. Last night we meet with the owner of the fitness center that I do personal training out of and Trey rents space for his physical therapy. We have created a marketing plan to help increase all three of our areas. The owner would also like to start looking at opening another facility and has the goal of owning 8-9 centers throughout Kent County. Each of these centers would include Trey and I. After thinking about the potential of owning a personal training and massage therapy business at each of these sites (of course I would need hire some people) I started to rethink my goal of going to PTA school in January. I started to think about why I should go to school for another year and a half when I could start working on getting the business started sooner. I have not made a definitely decision on this matter but I am leaning toward not going. I will most likely still apply in November and make the final decision then.

As for Cecelia, on Monday she will be going to her first class at Gymboree. Gymboree is a play place for kids. Their classes go for kids from newborn to 5 years old. I had heard about this place from a friend that had brought her son there but I forgot all about it until I saw it again on the show Jon and Kate plus 8. They offer a free class to see what it is like so we are trying it on Monday. Cecelia is also signed up for her first swimming classes. She will begin on Wednesday the 30th. With the way she has taken to water already I think she will really enjoy this. I will keep you all posted on how these activities go.

Comments

Popular Posts