Not Much Going On

I realized it has been awhile since my last post and the sad part of it all is that I still don't have much to talk about.

We had a great Fourth of July weekend. Cecelia was an angel which made it much less stressful. That and the fact that we had tons of built in babysitters and little girls that loved to keep Cece entertained.

I have finished two books. Glorious Appearing, the last the the Left Behind Series and Mistaken Identity. Glorious Appearing was not as good of a read as the rest of the series but it was very interesting to read someone's take on what it will be like when Jesus comes back. Mistaken Identity was a very easy read. Since I knew the majority of the story it wasn't so much the story that I enjoyed but the strong faith both of these families have. Being a parent definitely puts these stories into a new perspective. I cried my way through the book not sure how I would handle myself if I were in their situations. Reading about the way these families still praised God through all of this made me really question my faith. Could I do that if I were in their place? I still remember a number of years ago when a family in our old church lost their son in a car accident. This was one of the families in the church that you knew had such strong faith in God. The death of her son put the mother of the family into a depression I have never seen before. For a long time she turned from the church and cried all the time. I thought to myself if she can't keep her faith in a time like this how would I. Reading this book makes me what to have a faith as strong as these families. Now don't get me wrong they grieved and would do anything to have their daughters back but they were also comforted in knowing their children were in heaven. I would highly recommend this book. It is easily a weekend read. I have moved on to my next read which is Change of Heart from Jodi Picoult. So far it is a good book.

The only other thing going on in my life right now is that my plan to start massage school is on hold as of right now. I received a call from the school the other day that they did not have enough students to hold the day class. They are going to call me tomorrow and let me know if the night class will be held. If not the next starting day will be the end of September. I am kind of leaning toward just waiting until September because I am not really excited about taking the night class. It is from 6-9p every Monday night and Trey is going to be teaching every Monday night from 5:45-7:45p. Night classes also cut into my time to do personal training. So right now I am going to wait and see what they say about the night class and then make my decision.

I think that is about all for now.

Comments

Popular Posts