Communicating

I just love this new stage Cecelia is in. I can actually talk to her and she will respond. For example, if I ask her to put something back she will do it. I am always amazed when she responds to something I ask her. The other day she responded to me and I did not expect it. We have two highchairs at our house that she eats at. One is at the table and the other is attached to the counter. We were getting ready to eat dinner and she was standing at the counter chair saying "UP". From behind the counter I said "Cecelia go to your other chair to eat dinner" She said "Oh" and walked into the dining room and stood by her highchair in there. I was so surprised. I wasn't even standing by her when I said it.
She can also communicate with us. She goes to the fridge when she wants something to drink or a cheese stick and to the cupboard when she wants crackers. She will even go stand by her highchair and say up when she wants to sit and eat. It is so nice to be able to start to understand what your child wants. We are still working on the actual words and the whines do start to get on my nerves but it is much better than it use to be. She also has three of her four molars in and I see the last one starting to pop through.She is also starting to play with a purpose which is so fun to watch. I am so excited for the spring and summer to come. She is going to be so much fun outside and at the pool.
They are so amazing to watch. Children are true gifts from God.

Comments

Popular Posts