Could It Really Continue?

So two nights ago, Trey and I decided to head for bed around 10:30. Eloise had eaten at 8:30ish and we figured she would wake up around 11:30-midnight to eat again. Trey said that he would get up with her when she cried. So off to sleep we both went. The next thing I know it was 3am and she was crying. Trey woke me up and asked if I had already fed her of which I had not. Did she really just go 6 1/2 hours without eating? This had to of been just a fluke like we had experienced a few weeks ago. So last night I went out to coffee with a friend and came home to find out there was a miscommunication between Trey and I. Trey thought I said the I just fed Eloise, at 6ish, of which I really said she ate at 4:30 but I just changed her. She needless to say she didn't eat until around 11pm. I thought there was no way I was going to get another 6 hours of sleep out of her tonight since she just went more then 6 hours without eating. And for those of you wondering, Eloise did cry because she was hungry around 8:30 but Trey was having a difficult time getting Cecelia to bed and just figured Eloise was being fussy which is not unusual lately. So Eloise at 4 ounces at 11pm, an ounce more than usual, and off to her crib. I was ready for the 3am wake up to feed but much to my enjoyment she did not make a peep until 6am this morning. Wow, two nights in a row. Could this be a start of a new pattern? I really hope so but I am not getting my hopes up. Eloise is going to be 11 weeks tomorrow, 6 weeks adjusted. At 6 weeks was when Cecelia started sleeping through the night. I guess we will just have to wait and see what each night brings us.
We also went in for Eloise's last RSV shot today. This shot will get her through to the beginning of April. Insurance will not pay for any more shots after that but we should be good since cold and flu season are usually wrapping up in March. Eloise was weighted today and she was 8lbs 1oz. Getting nice and big. She is also starting to pick her head up by herself better but still needs to be supported when you are holding her as she is not very stable. She also looks at you and can smile. She loves to be cuddled and her favorite sleeping position is right on our chest. It is amazing how she can be so fussy but as soon as you put her up to you she quites right down. Cecelia even loves to try to soothe her and we see her gently touching her face saying "It's alright, you're alright Eloise." Just melts a mothers heart to see and hear.




Comments

Popular Posts