Eloise moves to her nursery

So I decided yesterday that it was time to move Eloise to her own room after I believe that she woke up at 5am because Trey's alarm went off. She is not sleeping through the night or even close to it but I thought her being in her own room might allow her to sleep a little longer. I did have a glimmer of hope that she was going to start "sleeping through the night" this past weekend when she slept from midnight to 6:30a without waking but the next few night it was back to only 3-4 hours of sleep periods. It is so hard to be patient with her sleeping patterns when Cecelia slept 9 hours at 6 weeks and never turned back. Now granted Cecelia was also about 10 pounds at 6 weeks and Elie is 10 weeks (5 gestation) and is under 8 pounds. But anyways we did move her to her nursery upstairs which is another transition. With Cecelia the nursery was on the main floor right across from our bedroom. So we put her to bed upstairs last night and I laid and listened to her noises through the monitor all night. Another reason I thought moving her would be good. She is not the quietest of sleepers and I was constantly waking up to her noises. Hopefully with her not in our room I will be able to get better sleep and just wake up to her hunger cries.

On a side note, Cecelia has been potty training. We tried doing the all out potty training in one day and it did not work for us so I decided to let Cecelia train herself. Much to our surprise it has been going very well. I ask her if she has to go every once in awhile during the day and she usually says yes and goes and sits on the big potty and goes. Other times she just goes into the bathroom all by herself. She doesn't wear and diaper or really anything all day when she is awake (she likes to be naked and even takes her clothes off to sleep) and then at nap we put a pull-up on. She still has a diaper and night though. Today she even went number 2 on the potty all on her own. Next thing I know she comes out of the bathroom and said "I did it, I pooped on the potty, I show you" and sure enough she had. We have yet to venture out and use a public restroom but I will take the slow progress without the stress.

Eloise's first night in her crib

Her nursery, for those that don't know Trey built this crib himself from scratch for Cecelia
Cecelia this morning wanting to sleep in Eloise's bed

Eloise sleeping in Cecelia's bed because Cecelia wanted Eloise to sleep with her.

Comments

Popular Posts