New Discoveries

I have made a few new discoveries this week that I am very excited about and thought I would share with you all.

The first and most exciting one for me is a new service that our Knapp Meijer's is offering. It is called Meijer Grocery Express. You can check it out at www.meijergroceryexpress.com. This is an online grocery shopping service. You order everything you need online including groceries, baby food, pet food, and health and beauty products. Then submit your order, pick a day and time slot you would like to pick it up and a confirmation email is sent to you inbox. Then when your order is ready you drive to Meijer, park in the designated parking spot, call the number on the sign in front of you and an associate brings your groceries out to your car. All for the convenient price of $6.95 for one time or $24.95 for 30 days unlimited. I figure that price is worth it one for the time I didn't spend in the store dragging Cecelia all around and two I always seem to find additional items to pick up that were not on my list. The only down side I have found so far is that you can not use coupons at this time, but since I am not a big coupon clipper anyways that did not deter me from this. I ordered my groceries yesterday and picked them up this morning. It was great. You can even create a shopping list in your account. So you don't have to do your shopping all at one sitting. Right now this is only offered at the Knapp Meijer and if you can't tell I am very excited.

My second discovery came in the form of a newsletter. The newsletter is called Connections and is published by the Child and Family Resource Council and Kent County Health Department. You can sign up to receive the newsletter and their other services at www.childresource.cc and click on Programs and Services and then Connections. The newsletter was very interesting as it had listings of different activities for kids and families that are going on throughout Kent County. A few that I highlighted were:

Kent District Library Babytime for 0-18 month old - they do songs, rhymes, stories and play time. They have different activities for each age group at all of the libraries. I am planning to try out the program at the Plainfield library on Tuesday's at 1pm if anyone is interested in joining Cece and I. To find events at you local KDL go to http://evanced.info/kent/evanced/eventcalendar.asp

Sign With Your Baby - This is offered at the Wyoming Branch KDL and introduces signs as well as how to build a signing vocabulary with your baby. They are offering classes on Oct. 14th and 15th from 10:30-11:30.

See Mommy Run - This is a website set up to help you connect with other mom's in your area to stay fit and healthy. You can register online, and find groups in your area that walk or run on a regular basis. The service is free and it is nice because you can see a list of the groups and there is a description of what they do. It says the times, walk or run and how fast. Then their is contact information for the group leader if you are interested. Here is the link to the website www.seemommyrun.com.

There are many other activities in the newsletter that some of you with older kids would be interested in. I just highlighted the ones that I found interesting.

So those are my discoveries this week. It is amazing how such small things can get me so excited these days:)

Comments

Popular Posts