Doppler Ultrasound - 28 weeks 6 days


Today I went to the doctors to have a doppler ultrasound to measure the umbilical cord blood flow. I was finally able to leave a doctors appointment feeling good. The blood flow looked good and baby's heart rate was at 138 which is in normal range. I meet with the doctor brief who reconfirmed the results of the fast test amniocentesis and said that they have received some of my blood work back from Tuesday but not all of it. So far the blood work does not show any signs of virus's so that is a good thing. She also said that she reviewed all my previous ultrasound numbers again and even though they do not change due dates unless an initial ultrasound is off by more than 7 days, mine was 5 days, she did rerun the numbers using the later due date and it increased the baby's measurements to the 27th percentile. So that was also good news. We will still continue to wait for the final results of all the testing and will continue to monitor the baby's progress regularly. I will go back next Thursday for another ultrasound to measure the baby again and see where it falls after two weeks. I also have any appointment with my regular ob the day after on Friday. So another week of doctor's appointments but at least they are starting to look more positive. As my regular ob stated at the beginning of this process, we may never know the reason the baby is running small when Cecelia was not. I would rather be going this route of being overly cautious though and find nothing wrong than not checking it out and finding out there was something wrong and we didn't do anything about it. So until next week, I will continue to take it easy and drink my gallon of fluids a day:)

Comments

Popular Posts