Friday's Appointment - 30 weeks

My regular doctor's appointment was not as uneventful as I had planned. You would think by now that I would know not to expect things to go as normal but one can hope. So we meet with Dr. Avery and she had the report from Dr. Balaska's office on everything we had done so far. She was very surprised to read of everything that has happened in 4 weeks since seeing me the last time. Nothing in the report was new to me except their recommendation for me to have a nonstress test and amnio fluid check 1-2 times a week. Dr. Avery agreed with his recommendation and said we could start with once a week. The amnio check is done by ultrasound and is used to check the fluid levels around the baby. Both tests are done at St. Mary's hospital. The ultrasound is done in radiology and the nonstress is on the labor and delivery floor. I am scheduled to go this Tuesday to St. Mary's for this week. So right now my appointments are to be one time a week have a nonstress test and amnio fluid check, every other week to Dr. Balaska's office for an ultrasound to measure the baby and that same week I also see my regular ob since I am now on the every two week schedule for my regular ob office. They did say I could see if I could do the nonstress tests done at Dr. Balaska's office on the weeks I am there so I do not have to go to three different appointments. I am very glad to see they are trying to take the most precautions possible to ensure the health and safety of the baby I am just having a hard time keeping everything straight:) Thank goodness for blackberry's. I am also very lucky to have my dad who is retired and willing to take Cecelia whenever possible and that my mom is home two days a week to also help out. So I will be reporting on doctor's appointments much more often then I expected.

Comments

Popular Posts