Test Results

I received a call from Dr. Cumminskey yesterday telling us that all of our test results have come back. This includes the final amniocentesis and the blood work for viruses. I am very happy to report that everything has come back normal. Because we are no closer to having a reason for the baby being smaller she did suggest that I look into adding some more protein to my day. She said that studies have been done on twins in which the mother adds a Boost drink 1-2 times a day to her diet and it has shown to increase the babies size. She did tell me that Boost is not the most tasty drink so many people add it to ice cream to make it more of a milk shake. I do have a protein powder at home that I mix with skim milk and drink every once in awhile. I am going to try to do this 2 times a day instead of the Boost which is high in sugar.

At this point it looks like we will just keep an eye on the baby and see how it progresses. I have an ultrasound this Thursday to measure the baby so we will see how it is doing then. I do feel and look as if I have gotten bigger so that is a good sign but I still get many comments from people that I look small for being due at the end of January (less then 11 weeks). I think I will be hearing that until the end:)

Comments

Popular Posts