Half A Year

It is hard to believe that Cecelia has been around for 6 months already. Everyone tells you that they grow up fast but you don't really understand just how fast until you experience it.

Cecelia had her 6 month check-up today. She is doing great. The doctor was very happy with her development and said that she is way ahead of the norm. She weighed in at 18 pounds even (86th percentile), was 26 1/4 inches (79th percentile) and had a head circumference of 17 (75th percentile). She had her normal round of shots and did pretty well since she was past her nap time when they gave her the shots. The doctor said that is should be starting to eat three meals a day just like we do. He suggested cereal and fruit for breakfast, veggies and fruit for lunch and meats and veggies for dinner (level 2 meals). My first thought was that I might need to start getting a better schedule together for her. Especially since I start school tomorrow and I won't be the only one feeding her.

So that was our big day. Every time I leave the doctors office and hear how great she is doing it just makes me so thankful for such a healthy child. I know there are many parents who leave doctors offices and don't have such good reports. I don't know why we are so blessed but I do thank God for his blessings.

Comments

Marcia Bosma said…
I know what you mean about feeling so blessed to have a healthy child. Since I work in the hospital with sick kids, I feel that way on a regular basis - wondering why God has blessed me with such healthy children, when other people face such hard diseases and developmental problems with their kids. It really makes me thankful and realize not to take my kids' health for granted! Glad to hear Cece's check-up was so positive! :)

Popular Posts