Yesterday

I started back to school again yesterday. I am taking Pathophysiology. For those who don't know what that is, basically it is the study of diseases. I think it will be an interesting class but the first day got me a little worried. The majority of my class are nursing students and that makes things a little more difficult for me. Nurses need to know what more in depth information on this subject than I do so things started out a little rocky. It mostly was going back to the information from Anatomy & Physiology that I didn't care to learn. I think once we get out of the background and into the systems things will be easier. Although I want to do good it is nice to know that I just need a C in the class for it to count in the program. Of course I don't want to get a C but I don't need to stress as much about this class as I did my last class trying for the A.

I also meet with one of the instructors for the PTA program to talk about whether or not I should retake some of my prerequisites so I can better my chances in the fall for application. She said that there was no need for me to retake any classes since it wouldn't really help any. That was actually a relief to me since I didn't want to take English Comp again and I didn't want to pay for it either. She did say that when you reapply you get an extra point that you didn't have before and looking at this past session that one point would have put me at number 12. That is how close the numbers were. Now there is no guarantee that I will get in but my chances are pretty good. So that made me feel better.

Since I am not good at only having one option and putting all my eggs in one basket, I have decided to look into another career that would compliment being a PTA in the future. I discovered this idea last Saturday while getting my mother's day present which was a massage. I am meeting with a rep. from the Blue Haron Academy tomorrow to discuss the possibility of going through their Medical Massage Therapy program. I have talked to them on the phone already and their program would fit well in my current schedule. It takes 6 months to complete and the next class starts the end of July finishing end of January. You have to put in 10 hours a week with all but 3 hours being flexible. Those 3 hours are class time on Monday, which works in my schedule since I have class on Tues. and Thursday. I mentioned this idea to my PTA professor yesterday and she said they have students that do the same thing through Baker when the go through the part-time program. She said it is a nice compliment to being a PTA. So I think I am going to go for it.

Comments

Kelly said…
Good news about PTA for next year! And I like the idea of medical massage...just let me know when you need to practice! :)

Popular Posts