I Did It

So yesterday I went to Blue Haron Academy and signed up for there next program for medical massage therapy. I will start classes on Monday July 21st and go until January 26th. I have classes every Monday from 1-4pm. I also need to do 3 hours of practicum a week which I will most likely do on Mondays from 9am-12. So I can just go on one day. About a month into the program I will start working in the clinic about 3-4 hours a week. This will be actually doing massages. If you want a cheap massage, they are only $15 for an hour massage. The hours are Mon 12-5p. Tues 1-9p, Wed 11-6p, Thurs 1-9p, Fri closed, Sat 9-1p. The number to make an appointment is 974-9004.

It really was a good day for me yesterday. Just when I thought I was getting lost in Patho class the lights when on in my head and I got it. Well at least I go the whole process on inflammation which is the basis for this entire class. It is weird how just one class can put a whole new spin on everything. For instance, when Cecelia was teething and having consistent low grade fevers I was worried and thought I should give her Tylenol to keep the fever down even though it wasn't bothering her. Know I understand that fevers can be a good thing for the body's defenses and until it gets to a certain temperature you don't need to do anything. I really love learning. I guess I should since the way things are going right now I am going to be taking some kind of schooling until March 2010!!

Comments

Marcia Bosma said…
Good for you, for signing up for massage therapy! I think it will be a wonderful complement to doing both PTA and personal training. It will be something you can always do for a little extra money too. I know someone who has a massage table in their home and does massages in the evenings when her husband is there with her kids. Lots of options!

I'm glad you're enjoying patho too - I found it to be a very hard class in nursing school - but I always enjoyed it too - learning how the body is handling disease is very cool!

Popular Posts