The Letter

So I received my letter yesterday from Baker College in regards to the PTA program. Unfortunately, I did not make the cut for this terms program. I found out this morning that out of 45 applications that were submitted, they accept 20, I was number 30. So unless 10 people decide not to accept their admission to the program it looks like I will have a less stressful summer and fall. I can reapply for the program in the November for a January start.

I have very mixed feelings about this. I am disappointed because I really think that I would have enjoyed the classes and also I was ready to get in and be done next June. But I was also really worried about being in the full time program due to the amount of time I would be away from Cecelia and still trying to keep up my personal training. So to put a positive spin on this, now I have more time to spend with Cecelia which results in less guilt for me. I will still have to take a class this summer but it is only on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

The first thing Trey said to me when he heard the news was that God must have a different plan for us right now. I said that I agree with him and we will have to wait and see what that plan is. My feeling is that I need to enjoy my time with Cecelia. She is going to grow up so fast and I don't want to miss a thing. Another thing Trey asked me was how this is going to change our plans to have more kids. I told him that we can't plan our future. We just need to decided what is going on right now and then make decisions as we go. We can plan all we want up it is not up to us. I have learned this lesson the hard way.

So now I get to enjoy my first summer with Cecelia. I am planning on reapplying for the next term but who knows what will happen. At least now I know what my summer will look like and i looks like fun!!

Comments

Jill said…
Very cute blog, I love to see the pictures! It is interesting, I had something similiar happen to me a couple months ago with going back to school. I was going to get my MBA, but when I took the GMAT exam, I was 7 weeks pregnant and felt awful during the test. I ended up not doing very well on the exam, and didn't get accepted to the program. But I think that everything happens for a reason, so instead of trying to juggle a new baby and MBA classes, I can relax and just enjoy the baby when it comes. I think it is great that you will be able to spend more time with Ceceila, and you will never come to regret it, even if it puts you back a few months in your studies.........in the grand scheme of life, its all worth it!
Marcia Bosma said…
Hey Jo - I'm sorry to hear about the disappointment, but like we talked about recently, it sounds like either way would have been okay. And you are absolutely right that God may just have a different plan or timing in mind right now. Boy have I learned that lesson, over and over! Whether it's moving, school, kids, etc. - nothing has really happened in the timing that Nathan and I thought was right! But in the end, we were still able to see the blessings in certain things. Like waiting for baby #2 - it has definitely been easier having such an older first child to help and also be independent. It would have been really hard for me to be so sick if I had another infant to care for at the same time. Anyway...good job for working so hard, staying positive - and enjoy your summer!!!

Popular Posts