Busy Morning

So my morning here at the hospital started at 6:15 with the resident ob stopping in to see me. I then went back to sleep until 8am which was the longest I have slept in since getting here. The nurse came in at 8:15 to check vitals and start me on my NST. While we were setting up the NST the lactation consultant for the hospital came in a we chatted for a while about breastfeeding and pumping to try to optimize my milk production and get as much as possible to the baby. She is going to prescribe a hospital grade pump for me to use while I am at the hospital to make sure we get things started on the right track. After my visit with Alice, Dr. Hartman, one of the Dr.'s from my main ob office stopped by to see how things were going. As soon as Dr. Hartman left I quickly ate my breakfast and waited for Dr. Balaska's to come in which was going to be very shortly. Dr. B arrived around 9:45 and did another ultrasound. The ultrasound results continue to be great with the baby performing for the biophysical profile right away. The amnio fluid levels were good and all the pressures and blood flows looked good. He was also very happy with the results of my NSTs. The only issue that was new was a cyst that has seemed to develop on the left side of the bladder that was not seen on the last ultrasound. He did not have any concerns about it and says that cysts can develop at anytime and usually dissolve shortly after birth. Most of the time it is never known that a baby even has a cyst since they are only seen on ultrasounds and most pregnancies don't have ultrasounds this far along. Since we did see the cyst an ultrasound will be performed on the baby once it is born and we will follow up until it is resolved. He did not see any reason to be alarmed about the cyst and said it has nothing to do with the size of the baby or the IUGR.

So after all of that it was decided that we will continue to hold off on the induction and plan on a 35 week delivery unless anything changes. He did change the frequency of my NSTs to every 6 hours instead of 8 just to keep a closer eye on the baby. We will do another ultrasound on Wednesday to recheck everything and if everything continues as it has we will plan on starting induction on Friday night, Christmas day, with a new baby coming on Saturday.

So I have set my mind to being here for another week, leaving next Monday, with a delivery on Saturday and a two day after delivery stay. The positives of this are that we will for sure have a baby before the end of this year and will be home for New Year's. Also the likely hood of the baby needing to be in the NICU decreases the farther along it gets. So there is a better chance of bringing the baby home with us when we leave:)

Comments

Kari Lindsay said…
So happy to hear that everything is going so well! Happy birthday to your little one tomorrow also! Did they say what the babies weight is?
Jodi said…
At our last ultrasound measurement last Thursday they said the baby was 3lbs 8ozs. So I expect the baby to be born just under 4lbs which is better than I had first planned on.
Anonymous said…
Praise the Lord! Well we are praying for you today! Post those photos and let us know if you need ANYTHING!!!!
Kari Lindsay said…
That was my post...opps

Popular Posts