Positive News

Late this morning Dr. Balasaka's and Dr. Cumminski both came up to see me and do an ultrasound. They checked the amnio fluids, heart rate, umbilical cord flow and pressure, cerebral pressure and did a biophysical profile. Everything came out looking good. They are also very happy with the read outs of my last few NST's. They also told me that they were pleased with the results of the L/S ration test as it showed better results than the original amniocentesis results. They feel with this next rounds of steroids they will be comfortable delivering the baby as early as 48 hours after my of steroids. That would be around Monday. They said that if they did not do it on Monday the latest they would do it would be Friday and that they would not even do another amniocentesis:) So by the looks of it we should have a baby no later than this next weekend and as early as the beginning of this week. I will say that this news has made my day a little brighter. The thought of going home as late as next weekend instead of two weeks from now is a great feeling. I will get my second dose of steroids around 6pm tonight which will be after my next NST around 4:30p. This is how my day goes up here. Just waiting around for the next procedure and trying to keep myself occupied in between but at least there is an end to the tunnel and a wonderful gift of a new baby to go with it.

Comments

Popular Posts