Holding Eloise


I went up to see Eloise this afternoon and was very excited to see that her UA line was out and they were able to get an IV in her. Unfortunately the only place they could get it was in her head. They did have to give her a small haircut but nothing too drastic. With the UA line out we are able to hold her. The line in her head is still very sensitive though so we need to be very cautious when moving her around. So this afternoon for the first time since she was born I was able to hold her during her feeding and then after her feeding I was able to hold her for an hour skin to skin. It was the best feeling to have her in my arms. She did have an episode of apnea while I was holding her but with a gently nudge to wake her up she recovered. Her sugar levels were up to 77 when they tested her while I was there. They are only testing her every 12 hours now since her numbers are doing better. Trey was able to go up after work to be with Eloise and got to hold her for about 45 minutes. Eloise had three visitors today also. My friend Marcia came up while I was there and then Trey's sister and brother met him up there tonight to meet her. Trey will go up again in the morning for the report.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah!! So glad you finally got to hold her! Praying that she keeps getting stronger!

Popular Posts