Playing Mommy

I finally got a bath and pretty bow for my hair.


Tonight I went to see Eloise to help with her 9pm feeding and was able to do more than just feed her. The nurse let me change her diaper, move her to scale for her weigh-in, feed her, and give Eloise her first bath. It was such a great feeling to feel like I was actually doing something for her.

She ate like a champion. Sucking down her 3cc of milk with no problems. I think she would have kept eating if we would have given her more. They still have had no success in getting an IV in so the UA line is still there. The nurse said that as she starts to feed more they can take it out if they are not able to get the regular IV in, but we don't know when that would be. She only had one more episode of apena so 3 for the day and they were very pleased with that since she has had only one dose of caffeine. Her glucose number was at 52 when I was there and they said that is still fine and they will keep an eye on it over night but are still not concerned. Her weight was down to 1625 grams (3 lbs 9.3ozs) but again the weight loss is expected. She is continuing to do well and make progress. Trey will be up with her again tomorrow morning for rounds and hopefully he will be able to feed her in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts