Shake Comes Thru Again

I went to St. Mary's for another NST this morning and then went to see my regular ob. I was in and out of my NST in 45 minutes. The baby was very responsive and showed them what they needed. I will have to once again say that chocolate milkshakes are the key. After the NST I went across the street to see my doctor. She did a test for Strep B which is usually not done until after 35 weeks but due to my circumstances we did it early. I will not have those results for a couple of days. I was positive for Strep B with Cecelia but that does not mean I will be positive again. If I am positive again they will just give me some medicine when I am in labor so that it is not passed on the the baby. My visit with the doctor went well. She did measure me again and I have not grown again since my last visit 1 1/2 weeks ago so I am still measuring at just about 29 weeks instead of 33 weeks. I told her that I am anticipating that the appointment with Dr. C on Thursday is not going to show much progress and she agreed. She would like to see me go another 2 weeks but does not feel that is likely. We discussed the possibility of delivering this weekend and I asked if she thought it would be okay if we tried to schedule something for Sunday if we proceed that way. She said that would depend on the availability at the hospital and if everything was good with the baby but did not see any reason why we could not try for it. The reason for Sunday is that we are having Cecelia's birthday party on Saturday night and I would really like to be able to have that before going to the hospital. There is a good possibility that I will not be home for Cecelia's birthday on Tuesday so I would really like to be able to celebrate it with her before I go in. We did schedule another NST and appointment for next Monday in the chance that things go well on Thursday just in case but we both don't really see that happening. So we are all planning on an induction to occur this weekend with the hope that things look better than we expect and could be pleasantly surprised by getting another two weeks. In my mind it is better to plan for the induction and then get to wait than to not and have to go in. So until Thursday when we will know what this weekend truly holds.

Comments

Popular Posts